Tarifa Yoga Retreat: May 17th - 22nd 2020
Five nights, six days luxury holistic yoga retreat on the southern Spanish coast; minutes from the beach. Small, intimate group experience. Relaxation, restoration and opportunity to develop your own practice. Two teachers in every class and workshop giving you a high level of support and assistance throughout. One-hour Thai, deep tissue or relaxation massage included. Join us in paradise.
- Luxury yoga retreat accommodation (5 nights, 6 days)
- Double/twin rooms with en-suite or shared bathrooms
- 2 yoga classes each day; energising Vinyasa Flow in the morning and Slow Flow, Gentle Hatha, Yin or Restorative at the end of the day. These take place on a beautiful veranda overlooking the sea
- 2 workshops specifically designed to help develop and deepen your practice
- Delicious vegan/vegetarian group brunches and 3-course dinners. All our food is prepared with love by our in-house private chefs, with locally sourced and nourishing ingredients
- A glass of wine with dinner (suitable for vegetarians and vegans)
- A one-hour Thai, deep tissue or relaxation massage with either Ebony or Rachel in the dedicated massage suite
- Guided meditations and yoga nidra
- 2 teachers in every class/workshop and a maximum of 10 students on retreat. A high level of personalised and individual support to you throughout, enabling your practice to develop significantly
- Use of the beautiful villa, terraces, gardens and salt water pool
- Local hike and star walk
- Hairdryer, towels, soap, shampoo and conditioner
- Unlimited filtered water
- Free Wi-Fi
- Juices, teas, coffees and light morning snacks
- All yoga equipment, mats and accessories
- Complimentary branded water bottle and goody bag
- Bedroom slippers and bath robe
- Linen and towel service mid-week
On Wednesday, following our morning practice and brunch, there will be an opportunity to go out and fully explore the stunning local area and experience the local cuisine. This is often a favourite day on the yoga retreat for many people and the area boasts some incredible spots to visit and activities…
- Visit the beautiful local beaches, including Playa de Valdevaqueros, Playa de los Lances, Playa Chica and La Caleta
- Explore the Baelo Claudia Roman ruins and museum at Bolonia – some of the best preserved ruins in Andalucia
- Adventure and rejuvenate at Punta Paloma beach, famous for its huge towering sand dunes and natural mud baths
- Explore rugged beach hikes or gentle mountain tracks, either the Parque Natural del Estrecho, which runs along the south coast with magnificent views of Morocco, or the Parque Natural de Alcornocales where you can hike in the Iberian Peninsula’s largest cork oak forest
- Go whale watching…maybe you’ll see some bottlenose dolphins or orca
- Watch the incredible kite surfers on the beach…or have a go yourself
- Try mountain biking, kayaking, surfing, E-bikes...there are so many ways to experience the outdoors
- Visit the beautiful, old Tarifa town with tempting coffee shops, boutiques and restaurants
- Visit the 10th Century Castillo de Guzman El Bueno, right between the old town and the sea
We will also offer the opportunity to try some stand-up paddleboarding (weather permitting) if you would like to join us – putting our yogi balance to the test! Whatever takes your fancy, we can provide excellent recommended trips and contacts on request.
On the exploration day, we will not run the evening class or dinner to allow you freedom and time to fully immerse yourself in the local area.
A Typical Day on Retreat...
8.30 am: Group meditation followed a pre-yoga snack of fresh and dried fruits, nuts, juices, coffee, tea and filtered water
9.30 am: Morning energising Vinyasa Flow Yoga class
On 2 days we will start a little earlier and offer an additional optional workshop, focussing on deepening your practice
10.45 am: Generous and delicious brunch, including freshly squeezed orange juice, homemade bircher muesli, cereals, fresh bread and fruits, fruit salad, choice of milks, yoghurt and kefir, cheeses, guacamole, hummus and eggs of your choice
12pm: Free time and massage treatments. Swim or read a book by the pool, walk to the beautiful local beach, hike around the coast or take a day trip (we can organise a transport service). If it's your treatment day you can enjoy a Thai, deep tissue or relaxation massage too...ultimate bliss
5.30 pm: Slow flow, gentle Hatha, Yin or Restorative Yoga Class overlooking the sea
7.30 pm: Delicious 3-course dinner together, served under the stars with the sharing of stories, lots of laughter and a glass of wine if you wish
9.30 pm: Evening comes to a close, tucked up in bed with a book or star gazing...sleep follows soon.
One evening we will offer a star walk at 9 pm (weather permitting)
You are welcome to participate in as many or as few of the activates as you would like. It is your yoga retreat and we want you to find a pace that is enjoyable for you.
Where the Atlantic meets the Mediterareanean, nestled in the mountains with panoramic ocean and sandy beach views, Villa Valdevaqueros is a spacious and secluded rustic style yoga retreat that sits in a stunning elevated position in the Valdevaqueros area of Tarifa. It faces the Straits of Gibraltar, looking out east across to Morocco’s Rif Mountains and west to the Port of Tangiers. Tarifa is a uniquely cosmopolitan town, historically and geographically significant as Mainland Europe’s southernmost point.
The villa is within a 10 minute walk of the popular Valdevaqueros beach, cafe and ION wind centre. This is a beautiful retreat with lush and spacious gardens, an enclosed 50 sqm yoga space with stunning sea views, extensive open and covered terrace, massage room, a salt water outdoor swimming pool, air-conditioning, underfloor heating and Wi-Fi.
Meet the Team
I will be co-hosting the yoga retreat with the fantastic Ebony Colley, an experienced and accomplished yoga instructor and Thai massage therapist based in Kent.
Ebony is Yoga Alliance YACEP adult yoga certified in 543 hours, CMA accredited Tree of Life qualified in Children Do Yoga, Sunshine Network Teacher, Thai masseuse trained through Jungle Healing accredited with The International Society of Thai Yoga Massage, and onsite massage therapist with the FHT College of Classical Massage. Fully qualified in The Guilds Swedish Full Body Massage. Ebony has a fun, understanding and creative approach to yoga flows and uses her incredible anatomy knowledge to create beautifully flowing yoga classes, and applies her experience and love for yoga to each practice. Her massage is intuitive and knowledgeable.
Book your place
This is a small, intimate yoga retreat limited to a maximum of 10 students. As such, spaces are very limited, please let us know as soon as possible if you would like to join us. We look forward to welcoming you in the sunshine for yoga, laughter, healing and restoration.
Only £250 to reserve your space! (only a few spaces remaining)
Villa Accommodation prices and options (prices are per person)
Double/twin with shared bathroom
- £250 deposit paid now (remaining balance of £645 paid by 14th March)
Double/twin with en-suite bathroom
- £250 deposit paid now (remaining balance of £695 paid by 14th March)
Options for private single room accommodation with supplementary charges on request. Deposit is non-refundable. Remaining balance to be paid by 14th March.
All rooms have air conditioning. Shared bathrooms share with one other room.
Flights, transfers (available at reasonable rates)
Dinner on exploration day
Laundry, excursions/day trips, car/bike rentals
Arrivals and getting there
Check-in is from 2 pm on Sunday May 17th, check out is by 4 pm Friday May 22nd.
The nearest airport is Gibraltar (40 mins drive). Alternatively Malaga (1hr,45m), Jerez (1hr,15m) and Seville (1hr,45m).
For further information on the yoga retreat please contact us
This retreat is number dependant and will take place with a minimum of 8 people in attendance. Should there be less than 8 by March 15th 2020 the retreat will be cancelled and your deposit refunded.